Monday, October 1, 2012

Crossroads without a map

Ever feel like your life is at a point where it's just you...standing at a fork in the road? I feel like my life is all hanging on one big decision? My flesh so incredibly desires the "American Dream". I want the corporate job with the fancy desk and the business lunches and 6am conference calls. I dream of the Starbucks line every morning and the last minute business trips. I long for a closet full of office attire and pretty heeled shoes.
The Christian inside me sees the emptiness in all those desires. It's all worldly...it's all for nothing? Or is it? Is there a way to combine the 2 sides of me? The side that so desperately desires the high life and the heart that longs to beat for Christ? Can my life have both? If not then how do I change? I have prayed for God to change my heart...but I'm not really sure what I would want Him to change it to? Change my heart from worldly desires to His work? What does that mean? Does "dying to ones self and taking up your cross" actually mean for us to live a life we don't desire in hopes that Heaven will be better? (Knowing Heaven is better is not the question...of course it is.) But do I live this life unhappy? Are those that choose to work the 9-5 corporate life not working for Him? All I have are questions today. Which way do I go? Do I have to choose?
(Written 1/2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment