Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thrown Under the Proverbial Bus

Have you ever not done something because you don't want your actions to cause someone else harm? You say to your friends, "I can't do that! It would be throwing "so and so" under the bus!" That was how I felt with Katie. I was willing to be patient, wait for her to come around, to deal with whatever her problems are. I thought for sure we'd eventually work things out and I couldn't just run away from her. That would be throwing her under the bus. If I left how would she pay rent or where would she go? I can't do that to her. But she can do it to me.
I came home from work yesterday to find her, her mother and brother moving all of her stuff out of our apartment. Just like that she gave up and left me hanging. Knowing I have no where to go and hardly any money in savings. And yet she doesn't care? How can this be? My heart breaks. It breaks for everything unsaid and the friendship undone. And I just can't help but feel abandoned. 2000 miles from home and the one person that's supposed to be there left. Without a word. I have no idea how to deal with this yet. And in the midst of mountains of homework, full time job and no car I just have to sit and wonder..."what the hell dude?!" I set off on this adventure so sure. Sure that I was following God, sure that this was going to be the greatest adventure ever and definitely sure I would grow closer to my Father. I don't see it. I don't see why this was so wrong?

"Then Jesus said, 'Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.'" -Matthew 11:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment